Wednesday 23 May 2012

Daniel Montgomery

Daniel Montgomery ( Papa Smurf )
1973-2011

This was a special project I did for a friend who sadly lost her brother Daniel to Lymphoma last year.  He was only 38 years old.

This is a bit of a background on how this project came about.
Karen's brother loved smurfs, he was collecting the kinder surprise smurfs.
I did a mock up on the computer of a photo of Daniel ( the middle frame ) ,all of a sudden it snowballed into this wonderful project, the only problem was that we had to try and find the smurfs, as you can see from the photos there are 8 in total. I did a total of 6 of these frames which meant 48 smurfs, boy that was fun.
Karen,myself and I'm sure a few others went into a frenzy trying to find these kinder surprise eggs anywhere we could. Mad sms's saying we had found an elusive one, you can just imagine.
We finally had them all, off I go to collect the little bag of 48 smurfs.

I did 3 of the last frame.
All the smurfs are in different positions in each frame.
The frames were given out by Karen and Cassie to their family as christmas presents.
I am sure Daniel is watching over them and drinking champagne.
I was happy to have been a part of this project for a special family.

These frames are a limited edition of 6 frames done specially for Karen and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment